The aim has always been that the Johan Trophy should be awarded to an individual who has given to others in the same way Johan did: unselfish service to the paramotoring community.
Any individual who has received this award is always very proud and humbled by the honour of receiving the Johan Trophy and fully empathises with the original intent and aim of it. They are therefore the very people who will safeguard its 'essence' and would want to see it going to an individual who has gone the extra mile for the benefit of others. Someone who has given selflessly in the spirit of Johan.
The process is as follows
- the current holder of the trophy has the responsibility to manage the process the following year
- He/she collects nominations from any British paramotor pilot
- Nominators must give a brief reason as to why they are nominating an individual
- The nominations and résumés go up on this web site for all to view
- The organiser (current holder) then consults with the previous 2 holders of the trophy and these 3 people agree on the most worthy recipient from those that have been nominated.
- The Trophy is to be presented annually at the British Open Championship - this being the most popularly attended event in the annual calendar and usually includes some of our friends from around Europe.
- For 2012, the deadline for nominations is midnight on Saturday the 9th June 2012.